|Location||HERNDON, VA 20171|
Innovate. Lead. Inspire....
Sodexo is seeking a talented, creative and innovative Executive Chef 2 at an Federal account that is Monday-Friday.
The Executive Chef 2 will work in a team environment and have responsibility such as directing Sodexo culinary staff in day to day production processes to provide good presentation and quality food; training staff on the new recipes and program execution. The incumbent should be high energy, strong leadership and communication skills and exceptional customer service; candidate should be personable, charismatic, outgoing, and accountable. Work experience in Campus Services, Corporate services, Leisure experience is desired. Strong track proven record for achieving food cost, labor cost, safety, sanitation, HACCP. Must become familiar with Sodexo recipes and programs, and follow company food safety guidelines. Conducts meetings with production employees and assists with training & development. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate should have:
- About 10 years of experience in an Executive Chef Role; managing high volume operation with a strong management background.
- A Proven record managing culinary staff such as, chefs, hourly chefs and frontline employees
- Experience training & developing hourly/management staff, supervising, coaching and enhancing staff culinary experience
- Experience working with other chefs to assure food quality, menu, presentation, recipe, techniques, portions, taste, and menu development
- Experience in a P&L account is a plus, managing food & labor cost
- Ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance, safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suites, online ordering platform or market connection experience.
- Culinary Degree is a plus.
If you have passion for quality food, taste, presentation, menu development; and have a strong management background in a high volume and fast paced environment. We want to hear from you.
Secure campus type setting in government services division. Excellent culinary skills a must, Serve safe certification a must, Extraordinary customer service skills. Ability to lead and teach wihile improving the culinary environment. Strong management skills needed. Traditional cafe services as well as national brands. Clean criminal and credit history a must. Position requires the ability to get a security clearance issued by the USG.
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo will require a background check and may require a drug screen for this position.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer